Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Time Flies

...even when you're not having fun, it appears. Work has been busy, days have been longer, and I have been, as a result of all of the above, more tired than ever. I fixed all that today by treating myself to a lovely, 11-hour sleep. My body is actually sore from sleeping the sleep of the dead, as Mr S likes to put it. Apparently I fall asleep and don't move at all during the night, which makes me and my belly an ideal bed for Lily, who curls up on top of me nearly every night. She also functions as an alarm clock by purring in my face with her mouth slightly open. The combination of a purr and a fishy cat-breath are a foolproof way to wake me up, even if it is only 6am. Yuck.

We had some lovely weather last week. We're making up for it this week. Gale force winds and horizontal rain. Really doesn't encourage setting foot outside the front door at all, so much for my attempts to go walking every day. My exercise bike has been getting more use as a result, so all is not lost. I'm told we're getting more sun towards the end of this week. When I'm back to work. Typical. There's one thing rainy days are good for, and that's cleaning. And since we finally got our wheelie bins, I've been taking so much pleasure out of having a good clear out. Mr S was a little bit sceptical as to whether we had anything to clear out since the move, which we quite successfully used to get rid of loads of stuff. I did find a few boxes up in the attic that I went through and decided to get rid of, among other things, 12 VHS tapes that we have no idea what they contain as they have no labels and we don't have a VHS player. For all I know, I may have just got rid of some lost gem of cinematic art. Oh well...

I'm also getting ready for my family to come over. My parents, my mother's two sisters and their husbands will be touching down in Dublin a week from Thursday. They're staying until Monday and flying back to Helsinki early on Tuesday morning. I got a dirt-cheap deal on hotel rooms for them for the Monday night at the airport's Premier Inn; €29 per room! I couldn't believe it, but booked it fast and got a confirmation email stating the price so that's me covered in case they try to charge anything else. I have a surprise in store for them as well, but I'm keeping that under wraps for now just in case they find out...

I'm going back my cleaning for now, I'm getting company later on and I must make the house a bit more child-friendly for my friend's 20-month old son. Last time I left scissors and a nail file laying around. Yup. I'm not very child-oriented but I'm learning. At least I took the axe away from beside the fire...

No comments:

Post a Comment