Friday, April 23, 2010

Moan alert!

I know, I know. Moaning about work when so many people would be grateful to have any kind of a job at all, but right now I'm quite fed up with everything I'm going to be egocentric for a bit.

There's just too many changes and I feel like I can't keep up. Our head chef handed in his notice two weeks ago and finished work yesterday. I quite literally bawled my eyes out saying goodbye to him. I really and truly enjoyed working with him. We had our rows, some of which escalated into screaming matches in the office but at the end of the day neither of us were stubborn enough to hold a grudge and any differences were quickly solved and business as usual resumed.

His replacement started on Tuesday and I'm trying so hard to establish some kind of co-operation with him but I feel like I'm talking to a wall. He keeps telling me how he's been thrown into the deep end (which he has, truth be told) but when I offer to help he's not really responsive. God, I hate change!

And that bloody volcano. So many cancellations, problems with deliveries and all that jazz has me pretty much tearing my hair out. Our owner is having a canary and probably a kitten, too when he's comparing profit reports from this time last year to what we're doing now. And obviously all of us need to do everything in our power to make it better. Because we do have the power to stop volcanic ash from spreading everywhere, we just didn't feel like doing it before this.

Okay, moaning over. On a positive note, we're getting some of the old staff back and in that respect it does feel like old times. The water fights and cheerleader impressions using mop heads as pom poms. The dirty innuendos flying around and general merriment. I'll be okay again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment