Friday, February 19, 2010

Counting down the days

I've woken up to find my car completely frosted over and covered with snow. Had to go out and start it, reverse it right in front of the front door to minimize any time that I have to spend outside, and now just wait for it to thaw out so I can head off to work.

Only three more days to go. I'm sure I've driven everyone at work mental singing "Only 4 days left, 4 days left, 4 days left..." but I really don't care to be honest. I've lost interest in my job, not least because of the recent cut backs, lay-offs and general low mood that seems to hang over that place like the cliche black cloud. I sent out my CV to a couple of jobs I thought sounded interesting and have already bagged two offers and one invite to an interview! I'm going to think things over on my holidays, see how I feel and take it from there.

It makes me feel infinitely better knowing that I have real options should things at work get so bad I can't stick it anymore. But for now, just for another day I'm off to work.

"Only 3 days left, 3 days left, 3 days left..."

No comments:

Post a Comment