Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dream a little dream

All has been quiet on my western front for the last week or so. Nothing out of the ordinary, the few days I have been working have been quite hectic which suits me just fine, nothing worse than hovering about with nothing to do. Had an impromptu night out with friends on Friday, which seemed like a really good idea at the time. Unfortunately our night ran a bit long, so I only got home at 6.30am fully aware of the fact that I would have to be at work at 9.00am. Going to bed wasn't an option, because once I go to sleep, that's it for at least 4 hours. So I opted for a long shower and gallons of coffee.

I did make it work bang on time and was promptly told by the head chef that I looked like a zombie. I love the people at work, they are honest to the point of brutality sometimes. I take that any day of the week over someone being nice to your face and then bitching about you behind your back.

All these things going on in my head have obviously had an effect on my dreams. Really, they're getting stranger by the night. Just the other night I dreamt I was having lunch at a pub with Mr S, who kicked off when I refused to eat a pizza that had candle wax "shaved" into it by our waitress who was trying to whittle down a candle to fit the candle stick at our table. Yeah, I know. And that's one of the saner ones. 

I'm still spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Nothing beats comfort food. Mr S is having a stressful time of it, not least caused by his father who is looking after Mr S's nephew and doing quite a bad job of it. The nephew isn't lifting a finger around the house and Mr S's father is continuing to everything for him. Families, eh?

I'm going to see my family at the end of this month for two weeks. Cannot bloody wait. Haven't seen them since June last year, it's about time I showed my face. My parents are currently in Thailand for a month(!!) and my brother flew over with his fiance and daughter to see them. Lucky sods...

No comments:

Post a Comment