Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy, snowy days

Yes, I know it's freezing cold.
Yes, I know it's snowy.
Yes, I know it's difficult to drive.
But doesn't it look beautiful!?
I get ridiculously excited seeing snow in Ireland. I understand this country isn't geared up to deal with it, I found that out the hard way driving into work on Sunday. A 20 minute journey took me 45 minutes. But I was blown away by the views on my way in. The lakes like a sheet of glass, beautiful white mountains reflected on the lake, and the silence. Lovely, lovely silence.


I mean, look at it! And this is where I work... lucky me, eh?

And what's more it makes me feel all christmassy. Not really supposed to say the c-word until the first of December, but seriously, there isn't much else to look forward to, is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment