Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pottering about

It's my day off and I'm not really sure what to do. Yesterday was spent in a blissful state of do-nothingness and I am starting to feel that I should get off my backside and do something today. I've been to the shops, not sure if that counts?

I cooked awesome bangers and mash last night, garlic and herb sausages with creamy mashed potatoes with little spring onion mixed in. I, typically (another thing picked up from mommy dearest), made enough mash to last two people a good three days. The leftover mash has now been designated for shepherd's pie topping. Shepherd's pie which I'm going to be making for dinner.

Right now I'm trawling through my millions of recipe books to find a quick and simple recipe for peach pie or tart or any sort of baked dessert which includes peaches. I have has that tin of peach slices in the cupboard for too long now and I fear that if it doesn't get used up soon, it'll walk out of there by itself. Hence the mad recipe-browsing.

Mr S showed up yesterday with a wireless router. He bought it for his bar, to offer free WiFi and I am ever so kindly trying it out to see whether or not it actually works. Two laptops and my iPhone, all online at the same time. Talk about multitasking.

Anyway, back to my peaches...

No comments:

Post a Comment