Friday, January 21, 2011

Taking It Easy

It's the start of the weekend for normal people. To people with nine to five, Monday to Friday jobs. I'm not one of those people. I do feel somewhat left out at times. Come Friday there's a sort of calm that descends on people, accompanied by giddyness. It's the blissful feeling when you know it's nearly time to head on home and you don't need to think about anything work related for another 50 or so hours. Nice, isn't it?

I get that feeling on Monday evenings. Monday isn't a great day for many people, but it is my Friday. I get all happy and excited an plan my days off. People around me tend to get irritable and mutter something about only starting their week and how lucky I am to be taking my days off during the week.

Friday giddyness has taken over me tonight. I feel nice and calm and relaxed and mellow. I think I'll celebrate than with some cheesy tunes and maybe a glass of wine. TGIF, people!


Told you it was going to be cheesy, didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment