Tuesday, December 7, 2010

First Aid for Shock

I could've done with some first aid on Sunday. I was stupid enough to venture out onto the icy roads we had and managed to do a bit of damage to my back bumper. It had rained on Saturday, and it froze hard overnight creating a lovely skating opportunity for cars and pedestrians alike. I'm bloody delighted I didn't hit a pedestrian, god, shuddering just thinking about it.


I was heading into work, I wonder would my boss pay for a new bumper, seeing as technically it was due to him that I was out driving in the first place. It's worth dropping it into conversation, I suppose. Our head chef, the lunatic, had travelled a far greater distance in the same conditions. We rang him first, our logic behind it being that if we had no chef, there'd be very little point in us going in. He was in when we rang. Bastard.

Anyhoo, I'm getting a quote on the bumper, hoping that David will come up trumps as he has many times before. I suppose it could've been a lot worse. I could've hurt myself or someone else, but it's the hassle and cost of having to sort something like that out that's annoying me. Although, I could've ended up like this guy, so I must say I was very lucky. I'd like to think I was very cool and calm but that would be lying, it was horrible. Such a loud bang from such a small car I must say. I did get quite a fright, I nearly wet myself when I realised there was nothing I could do to stop the car from sliding. I had made it down a very steep hill getting into the village, but it was a tiny little bit of a hill that I got stuck on and tried to let the car roll back to try and get up the hill again. So much for that theory.

In other news, I passed my first aid exam with full marks on Monday! We had three Mondays in a row to get to grips with CPR, bandaging, and all other things first aid related. We also learned to use the defibrillator, quite a handy piece of kit, I must say. It's not one of those things you see being used on TV, it's a little portable device and it's fully automatic. As our instructor assured us, it will not shock anyone who doesn't need it. Even if we tried to do so on purpose. Which is a relief since I accidentally "killed" the instructor the first time I was practising using it. But, as of yesterday, bring me your sick and poorly, I shall administer first aid and then promptly ring an ambulance.

No comments:

Post a Comment