Sunday, December 12, 2010

Too busy to eat

...and it's playing havoc with my moods. And I most definitely am not doing this out of choice. I've had my fair share of mad diet plans and this is not one of them. I remember living off red wine and chocolate for a very blurry two weeks out of my life when I was 19. I lost about 10kg (20 or so pounds) and probably shortened my life by a couple of years at least.

Right now I've been so busy at work I haven't had time to eat. And the downside of being surrounded by food all day long is that by lunchtime you don't actually feel like eating any of it because you've been staring at it all day. Not that there's anything wrong with the food, quite the opposite, but too much of anything is, well, too much. And there's been so much to do over the last week, we're hosting a huge function tomorrow and getting everything ready for that has been a challenge to say the least. And that has meant a few compromises on my part, namely giving up solid food. I had a scone today. A sandwich the day before. And I believe I managed a bag of crisps the day before that.

So, needless to say I find myself getting quite irritable at around 3pm. Irritable and usually with a pounding headache and the shakes to go with that. Not healthy and not pleasant. And to make matters worse, I love my coffee. I'm running on caffeine and that's quite a rollercoaster.

By the time I get home I'm so hungry I have to make myself a snack while waiting for my proper meal to be ready. Today, peanut butter sandwich while waiting for pizza. Yesterday, ryvita and cheese while cooking carbonara pasta. You get the point, yeah?

I have no idea why I'm blogging about my lack of eating routine... Hunger has made me delirious. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment